- To achieve the goals of accuracy, transparency, and excellence, readers who spot errors should contact the support team immediately by email at email@example.com. Our commitment to due accuracy is unwavering, and we will continue to work tirelessly to provide reliable and trustworthy content to our audiences.
Our Correction Policies
- To ensure the proper correction of any errors on Timesblogger.com, readers must contact via email. Corrections sent to other staff members may not receive timely attention, or any attention at all. When submitting corrections by email or mail, readers should provide all necessary information, including the correction itself, the issue date or number, where the error was originally seen (whether in print or online), the reader’s name, and a phone number or email address where they can be reached. Additionally, readers should include the correct information and a source where that information can be verified.
- After receiving a correction, the content writers will investigate the error, using all available information, including the reader’s submission, meeting minutes, reporter’s recordings, and other sources. If an error is found, the content writers will issue a correction in all forms in which the incorrect information was disseminated.
- For Timesblogger.com, the article will be corrected and an editor’s note will be added to the bottom of the article indicating what was incorrect and when it was changed. Finally, on any social media platform controlled by Timesblogger.com, a post will be made linking to the corrected article and noting the correction.
- Once the correction has been made, the content writers will contact the reader who submitted the correction and inform them of the steps that were taken to correct the error. However, it should be noted that submitting a correction does not guarantee that a correction will be issued, but rather guarantees that the error will be investigated.